Unique Ideas for Your Soiree
The New American Remodeled Home pooldeck with Consulate in Embassy SilverAs the summer inches its way into full swing, it’s time to start thinking about doing some entertaining outside. What better way to throw a party than around the pool? A little planning and some creativity are all that stand in the way of your summer bash. Here are some ideas for a memorable party.
- Send fun invitations. They make it seem more official and set the tone for your party. You can go with traditional paper invites sent through the mail or you can select an e-vite sent through email. Either way, there are plenty of fun invitations to choose from like tropical theme or beach theme.
- Plan entertainment. Think about who is coming to your party and what they would enjoy doing. Chatting by the pool is always nice, but having a little something extra makes your party stand out. If kids are involved a few games or toys are nice. The littles can entertain themselves for hours with small bouncy toys around the yard. Bigger kids might enjoy underwater cameras. Adults even enjoy a ring toss or water relay.
- Atmosphere is important. Don’t skimp on décor and don’t underestimate the power of lighting. Lighting is the single easiest way to decorate and get in the party mood especially if you your party goes into the evening hours. Some twinkle lights, lanterns, or tiki torches are a nice touch.
- Pick a bright and cheery color scheme and use it everywhere from table cloths to paper straws in the drinks. Some inflatables in the pool are a necessity to keep the color theme going through the entire space.
- Get creative with your décor. Towels, beach pails, swimming fins, squirt guns, etc. all make great décor and centerpieces.
- Mood music is as much a part of setting the mood at the décor is. Select music that enhances the feel of your pool party. You usually can’t go wrong with the Beach Boys or other summery hits.
- Use extra towels as décor. They add color and atmosphere plus double as a backup for guests who forgot theirs.
- Keep the eats light. Nobody feels like eating heavy food when running around in a bathing suit. Even kids will appreciate the ability to snack throughout the party instead of having a sit down meal. Finger foods are great! Also consider as you plan how you are going to keep foods hot or cold. Fun, small desserts continue the finger food theme and finish the party off right.
- Put some effort into drinks. The very definition of pool party comes with a drink in hand. Flavored lemonade or bottled sodas on ice are a nice touch. A bar is a favorite with the adults. Don’t forget the drink umbrellas!
- If your outdoor space needs an update for next year’s pool party, consider putting in new pool tile, an outdoor fireplace, or an outdoor kitchen. Daltile can help you find the perfect tile so your party will be one your guests don’t soon forget.