NYC has always been one of the world’s centers for fashion and design. Get inspiration from classy urban lofts or traditional brownstones. No matter what style your client is looking for, you’ll find it in NYC.
Here’s what’s hot with natural granite and marble flooring and countertop from the Big Apple.
White Granite and Black Granite
The white and black kitchen will never go out of style, but New Yorkers are always finding new ways to make it fresh and original. While you’ll never find pure white or black granite, these new offerings from Daltile’s spring launch give you even more options to offer your clients high style.
- Cotton White granite is a beautiful white background stone sprinkled with heavy dark grains and undertones of beige. It is available in 12 x 12, 12 x 24, and 18 x 18 in a polished finish. 24 x 24 sizes are available through special order. A 12 x 24 inch tile in a flamed finish is also available.
- Chloe White is heavily dusted with gray grains, but maintains its white background. It is also available in 12 x 12, 12 x 24, and 18 x 18 in polished finish. 12 x 24 flamed finish is also available. 24 x 24 polished can be special ordered.
- Charcoal Black is very clearly a black granite tile with an even smattering of lighter grains throughout. It has a more even distribution than many other types of granite for a more uniform look. It is available in 12 x 12, 12 x 24, and 18 x 18 polished. 12 x 24 flamed finish is also available and 24 x 24 polished by special order.
- Silver Pearl is a black background granite tile with heavy grains in gray and silver. The reflective sheen of the silver grains takes this granite up a notch. Get it in 12 x 12, 12 x 24, and 18 x 18 polished. Or 12 x 24 flamed with a 24 x 24 polished available by special order.
These are just a few of the changes to the granite lines at Daltile. Check out new color, Azul Platino, as well as new sizes in several existing lines.
A few years ago, the waterfall countertop came on the scene just after granite countertops were firmly established as a standard in kitchen design. Taking the countertop over the edge of the counter surface and down the side of the cabinet is only natural. It began a new era in the slab countertop industry.
The nearly seamless finish with mitered edges produces a luxurious effect that makes the beauty of the stone the center of attention. It is most often seen on kitchen islands, but is now making an appearance on the bathroom vanity in NYC home designs where natural stone has always been the go to material for countertops.
Daltile just introduced two mid-level and two upgrade exotic granite slabs that are perfect for this application.
- Rockside Brown is a mid-level granite with a classic granite look. Black and gray coarse grains dot the brown background. The overall sense is one of taupe or true brown rather than the rusty brown of most other granites. It is imported from India and has a very consistent look from shipment to shipment. It is available in 2 cm and 3 cm thicknesses and a polished finish.
- Summit White is an even-patterned gray granite that is easy to match for waterfall countertops. It is a light gray or white background with fine flecks of charcoal and dark gray. This mid-level granite is available in 2 or 3 cm thicknesses with polished finish.
- Autumn Equinox is a more exotic selection with a beige background and rich veins of warm color from gold to rust. It is an eye-catching showpiece that will enrich any kitchen design. It is also available in 2 or 3 cm thickness in a polished finish.
- Tambora Tide is an exotic granite slab similar in appearance to Cosmos, Magma Gold, or Spectrus. The dramatic black background and heavy veins of gold and white quartz running through it create interesting shapes. This stone is highly variable but definitely introduces drama and uniqueness for your client’s design. It is available in 2 or 3 cm thickness and a polished finish.
Contemporary Marble Patterns and Colors
Though marble has always been appreciated and valued, demand is increasing for something a little different that will give marble the update it has long needed. Daltile introduced an expanded offering in marble including larger format sizes, more finishes (polished, honed, leather), and new exclusive colors. Most series are available in both traditional tile shapes and sizes (12 x 12, 12 x 24, 18 x 18) but they are also available in the Versailles pattern and in unique mosaic shapes (wave, lantern, linear).
Here's the rundown of the new colors and their features:
- Phaedra Cream comes mesh backed and looks similar to the ever popular Crema Marfil. It comes in leather finish and is available in both traditional tiles and in the Versailles pattern.
- Adour Crème has a brushed edge and a leather finish and is available in tiles or the Versailles pattern.
- Meili Sand is a Daino Real look-alike at a more economical price with a brushed edge and leather finish.
- Tinos Gray is high-contrast with high shade variations. It also has the brushed edge and leather finish and is available in tiles or Versailles pattern.
- Daphne White tile is a sister stone to Calacatta Gold at a more affordable price point. It comes in 12 x 12, 12 x 24, and 18 x 18.
- Argun Gray is one of the most uniform looking marbles on the market and it is favored for modern design applications. It is available only in the Versailles pattern.