Right on Trend with Ceramic, Porcelain, and Wood-Look Tile
2015 brings with it some exciting developments in tile. Textures are more accurate than ever. Patterns reflect the hottest trends in design. And tile has more high-tech features. Get ready to remodel your kitchen or bathroom with on-trend designs and materials. Here are the trends to incorporate this year.
Wood Tile Warmth
Wood-look tile will continue to gain momentum in 2015. Its warmth and comfort is a defining design guideline. This year look for new trends in wood tile like
- Longer planks from 36” to 48”
- Reclaimed, barn wood, or aged looking wood
- Mixing materials like natural stone and wood-looks
- Parquet: creating geometric patterns with planks (no more linear)
- Square-based patternsExotic looking hardwoods
Cotto and Concrete Classy
Cotto style aims to recreate the old world charm of the red-orange paver. The natural clay-look tiles are unglazed and produce a Mediterranean feel.
- Smaller format tiles
- Hexagon shapes
Concrete was a growing trend in 2014 and that will continue in 2015. It is a versatile look that can be dressed up for an elegant urban space or scaled down for a backyard patio. Concrete-look tiles produces a look that is at once clean and simple, as well as rustic and sophisticated. Get ahead of the trend by embracing
- Concrete and cotto combinations that have a sense of old world pavers in a more modern interpretation
- Combining clean concrete style with a rural design
Fabric and Wallpaper Softness
Attention will turn to softer textures this year, especially for the walls. Wallpaper is making a comeback, but if you remember all the trouble wallpaper caused in the past, you might be looking for a better option. Consider tile; it is easy to install, easy to clean, and easy to repair. Daltile has several fabric-look tiles that bring a softer look to your space.
Here’s what you’ll see a lot of this year with fabric-look tiles.
- Rectangular format tiles
- Linear patterns
- Thin, low profile tiles
Hand-Crafted Wall Design
Artisan style wall tile includes the 2014 favorite, subway tile. 2015 will only see an increase in its popularity and a few upgrades as seen above with Modern Dimensions tiles. Subway tile always carries the sense of a well-trained hand. It merges well with traditional and modern designs, making your space look customized and detailed. Here’s how you’ll see subway tile used in 2015:
- Larger format tiles in the traditional design
- Coordinating wall tile with floor tile
- Classic high-gloss finishes
Natural Stone Tile
Add some luxury to your home with natural stone tile. Its durability is unmatched and its beauty enjoyed for generations. Daltile offers many options for your design including travertine planks (pictured above) unique shaped mosaic tiles, and countertop slabs.
What’s hot this year is
- Linear graphics and plank tiles
- Larger format tilesGray tones
- LimestoneWhite marble
- Blends of natural stone within the same space
Check out our new products for more inspiration for your 2015 wall, floor, or mosaic tile projects.